Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's the Little Things

Dad got an unexpected but very pleasant surprise this week. He got to take a shower! I am not sure what he did to sweet talk his surgeon into letting him take one, but I am certain it was the best shower of his life! It had been 41 days of make shift baths while hooked up to monitors. Apparently it is almost unheard of for someone on an intra aortic pump to get to do this. Mike is hooked to more than 20 leads, 3 monitors and his machine. His heart is monitored on three different floors and getting unhooked from everything (except his pump of course) is a major ordeal. Anyway, I am sure this won't happen again any time soon. None the less, he enjoyed it while it lasted. Now, you can thank me later, but I do not have any photos to document this occassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment