Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life Goes On

Some days I struggle to find something to write. Some days it is just easier to let the time pass without a comment. Today is not that day. Today I feel compelled to write about something very specific. Today I want to acknowledge the incredibly strong network we have called family. Today I want to acknowledge all of the people sending love and prayers to Mike. Everyone that surrounds my Dad with love and compassion is cherished in a way they can not imagine. The visits, the food, the phone calls, the emails, the hugs and yes, the occasional tear, will never be forgotten.

It is because of the people in my Dad's life that he marches on. There is no pity at this party. There are no regrets. Today there is only room for hope and optimism. For smiles. Today, life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how much our families are alike. We took the family pictures not even at the same time and notice the two boys gave bunny ears to Dad. We married men as goofy as Dad! :)
    We are 2 of the luckiest women!

    ReplyDelete