Sunday, March 7, 2010

21 Days

Today marks Dad's 21st day in the hospital. I'm not sure how he doesn't go crazy sitting all day. Waiting. He doesn't like tv and doesn't do much reading. I know if I were in his shoes I would already have blown through a dozen or two novels. However, Mike is more content occasionally browsing the internet and reading a magazine here or there. The boredom is bad on some days and on others the day flies by. Please join me in praying for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Dad had lots of visitors this weekend. On Friday night mom and I spent the evening with him. We had greek food for dinner and enjoyed a nice, quiet evening. On Saturday mom and I brought Taylor for a visit. Marlene and Leslie dropped by and Danny, Abby and Victor also showed up to say hello. Victor did much better this time will all of the machines. The gummy bears Papa gave him helped a little. Finally, today Janice and Randy took Dad a home cooked meal and spent the afternoon with him. All in all it was a nice weekend in the Nall Ward of the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment